- Screen printing my own images and patterns onto fabric
- Block and pattern squares of material to form a larger image- ambiguous from close up and becomes clearer from a distance
- Combination of detailed embroidery, faster sewing machine work and transfer printed photos
- Simplifying the images completely creating a kind of series of symbols to represent specific family members and then this code could come together to form one main image
- Using a cross stitch method
Monday, 26 April 2010
Ideas Ideas Ideas
So I had a tutorial today which I found extremely useful and it triggered some ideas. A lot of what we discussed was how to get away from a purely embroidered piece which would be highly time consuming and incorporating different techniques to create a possibly slightly larger final outcome. Some Ideas...